The Couchbase NoSQL server providers are a separate download and allows you to connect CacheBox and ColdBox to Couchbase for distributed caching and persistence. Please see our CacheBox-Couchbase documentation for more information.
Ortus Solutions, the makers of CacheBox, have created a commercial extension for the open source CFML engines Railo and Lucee to support caching distribution features via Couchbase (http://www.ortussolutions.com/products/couchbase-railo).
The Ortus Couchbase Extension is a Railo Server Extension that allows your server to natively connect to a Couchbase NoSQL Server cluster and leverage it for built-in caching, session/client storage and distribution, and much more. With our extension you will be able to scale and extend your Railo CFML applications with ease.
The extension will enhance your Railo/Lucee server with some of the following capabilities:
- Store session/client variables in a distributed Couchbase cluster
- Get rid of sticky session load balancers, come to the round-robin world!
- Session/client variable persistence even after Railo restarts
- Ability to leverage the RAM resource virtual file system as a cluster-wide file system
- Cache connection capablities for providing distributed & highly scalable query, object, template, function caching
- Much more